Monday, November 14, 2011

Bear Pit

Anyone that has known me for more than a day probably knows that my all-time favorite actor is Alan Rickman. You might know him as Hans Gruber from the original Die Hard, the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves or as Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series.

You probably don't know him as David Weinberg from Dark Harbor because nearly no one has seen that film and my nigh-maniacal ravings of that movie aren't swaying anyone.

But Alan Rickman has been working on something new. He's been working on a Broadway play. And I'm going to see it!


Alan Rickman plays a mentor to four young and aspiring novelists. And he teaches them just how awful they really are. In that video he says, "I mean, you're throwing yourself into a bear pit, being a writer. And I think anybody that wants to do it professionally has to be aware of that."

To say that I am excited or looking forward to this is a gross understatement. November 30th can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment