Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Journey to St. Louis

I made the drive to St. Louis for ACFW yesterday. The drive wasn't too bad. I stopped at a diner for lunch.


This sign was hanging in my booth. "No tinkers taken in." Pat Rothfuss would not approve.


At the end of my meal, the waitress brought me a complimentary cheesecake in a jar. Too adorable.

I arrived in St. Louis and checked into the hotel. I knew my room was a King parlor suite, but I didn't expect to have an entire living room. The view isn't too shabby either.



That was taken out of my living room window.

After settling in, I drove out to West County Mall. H&M taunted me with sweaters that were too boxy and dresses that were far too short. Oh well. I got a few cute accessories which will polish off my conference outfits nicely.

Today I'll check in at the ACFW booth. I originally planned to go to the aquarium this morning, but I think I might come back to the room and do some writing. Seems like a good way to start a Fiction Writers conference. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment